NEW PENSIONERS HOME AT CEFA
We are thrilled at the fast progress of this project: we began the appeal for funds in May 2007, laid the foundations in the summer of 2008 and built the outer shell in autumn 2008.
At the end of February, we heard from Alex Stroie that the home should be open in May. This is a month later than originally planned and is because as the worker responsible for the heating system and the plumbing has had a close family bereavement and has had to stop for a few weeks. Also the weather has been severe and this has also delayed them.
GOOD NEWS FROM KATHY LANGSTON
this month the adoption procedures for Kathy Langston to formally adopt her two
foster daughters Codi and Andrea. Kathy has fostered them since they were
babies abandoned at the hospital for sick children in
Through funding she receives from Canada Kathy continues to hire workers in the hospital for sick children to care for the handicapped and abandoned babies.
Nelu is an experienced social worker with Fundatia Increderea (FI), assisting needy pensioners, youth, families with very real commitment, care and compassion.
after we returned from our December trip to
We hope to raise this money this year and would be thrilled if anyone can assist us.
OUR PLANS IN
· Concert at St Lawrence Parish Church Thursday March 26th - retiring collection – money towards Nelu’s treatment. Please support this
Aid trip to
· Songs of Praise at Reg’s Garden Sunday May 10th – retiring collection for Nelu’s treatment.
· Probable trip for supporters to Romania in time for opening of pensioners’ home – over school half term holiday week at the end of May. [Please contact Rose if this is of interest to you]
· Songs of Praise at Samares Manor Sunday June 14th – retiring collection for Nelu’s treatment.
· Songs of Praise at Reg’s Garden – time to be confirmed.