WAYS YOU CAN HELP MUSTARD SEED
As we help the poorest of the poor in
· Pack a Christmas shoebox – details of various options available from Mustard Seed’s Christmas letter or from the website.
· Join our prayer supporters and receive a regular prayer update to enable you to pray intelligently. Contact Mustard Seed to arrange.
Volunteer - to collect, sort, pack, transport, load aid for
· Donate clothing and other items to us, but PLEASE check with us first for larger items as to whether we need them and can place them.
· Help with fund-raising for transport costs – this is a huge expense – fuel alone for our aid lorry to Romanian June was £1700!!! Also we must to pay for insurance, ferry (at a much reduced rate, thanks to Condor), repairs and maintenance for the vehicle, etc. The Romanians desperately want us to continue taking aid as they feel the quality of the goods we provide is much higher than what they can buy, but it is very very costly for us and we need help to continue – if everyone donating a black sack full of aid would donate £2 or even £1 towards transport costs it would be a big big help.
· Help with fund-raising for specific projects – please check out details with us before initiating any fund-raising.
· When you shop at the Co-Op, use our dividend number 321340 – one volunteer says “M is for Monday and Mustard Seed so on Mondays I use the Mustard Seed number 321340”.
· Donate vouchers, etc that are surplus to your requirements – we can use them.
· Possible fund-raising activities: - a few suggestions – you can think of more:
o Car boot sales / Coffee mornings / afternoon teas / supper, etc
o Ask for donations to Mustard Seed in lieu of receiving a gift, etc
o Organise a sponsored event – sponsored slim, etc.
o Suggest Mustard Seed as the nominated charity for dress-down days
o Selling books from your garden wall (we can supply the books)
To contact us: